Throwback Items | Bring back their Memories - Sari-Sari Store Diaries

Breaking

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Post Top Ad

Friday, April 01, 2016

Throwback Items | Bring back their Memories

Hello friends, I just want to share some items that can be found on my store. I always want my store as unique as I can. I mean the item I sell was not commonly found in other store nearby. It's not rare but some store doesn't have this. Maybe they don't know the item or they was afraid to sell it because they think no one will buy. I'm talking about the items the products that we have eaten on our childhood. Something that bring back the memories like a time machine when we eat.



Haw Haw Candy
Haw Haw Candy. This was one of the candy I used to buy when I was a child.


There are some customers who automatically smiles just after seeing that candy displayed on my humble store. Other can't help to tell their story that they also ate this in their childhood. Of course even though I don't ask that I'm a bit happy that my store somehow connects with them on their past by selling a kind of we can say 'Throwback Items'.


Dr. Jose P. Rizal once said..
Ang hindi lumingon sa pinanggalingan ay hindi makakarating sa paroroonan.
He who does not know how to look back at where he came from will never get to his destination. 
- source: http://www.joserizal.ph/qt01.html 

A Tagalog quote from our Philippine's National Hero.

I just remember this quote from my elementary days after one of my customer told me that one of my items was his wife's favorite chocolate made by RICOA. He also smiling while he share that he used to gave this chocolate in courting her dream girl. Now, that dream girl was his wife and maybe this chocolate has something to do. lol Too sweet!

curly tops chocolate
This Curly Tops used to be a present in courting his wife, one of customer shared to me.

It's one of the reason why he like to go back to my humble store. A chocolate with love.

I usually go to the grocery market with my father or sometimes with my husband. My father told me to buy this sardines. He said that It was an old brand of sardines that until now was on the market. I buy it because I also want to have some new items on my store. Old brandnew what ever it called, my husband after seeing the sardines also share his childhood toy.

Rose Bowl Sardines
These Rose Bowl Sardines was once my husband's toy car.

He said that when he was a child, he collect empty cans of this Rose Bowl Sardines. He cleans the can for it will be the body of his toy car. He just put two pieces of broom ( made by coconut petiole? not sure about that ) with a four piece of used rubber slipper cut into round shapes on both left and right side which serves as the toy car's wheels. Then, he knotted with a string so he can pull it as he walks and boast it in front of his playmates. lol

One of my customer also amazed that we have that sardines too. He was old, he just can't believe that the sardines still on the market. He added that he found this sardines only at my store. I don't know If it was true but for me I also agree with him. I have seen other sari-sari store nearby but I don't see this kind. I was glad that my store was appreciated because of items that has a touch of memories and not usually present on a typical sari-sari store. It makes me proud that I made a mark on their mind that I have items that cannot be seen with other store and that's what I really want to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment