Is PLDT HomeDSL really worth? - Sari-Sari Store Diaries

Breaking

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Post Top Ad

Monday, January 25, 2016

Is PLDT HomeDSL really worth?

Hi, I just want to share my PLDT HomeDSL service experience to you. Ever since I used internet from computer shop  I dreamed to have my own internet at home with nothing else but PLDT. Last 2014 when my husband and I decided to have our own dsl at home, we try to apply on PLDT but unfortunately there was no dsl service at our location.
I was a bit disappointed that we have to wait for 1 week just to know that we are incapable and we have to go to the nearest branch to know instead of just sending us a message or call us as we have gave a contact number. It's alright I accept the fact that it was impossible for me that time to apply so I tried bayandsl and that's why I am currently using.

As time goes by, I can see that there are PLDT DSL user through wifi in our location. It means there might be a PLDT dsl service here. Last November 2015, we decided to try our luck and reapply again since their Holideal was really convincing offer. Unfortunately the Holideal offer was not available for me because I'm currently have an existing contract with bayandsl. Again, for the second time I feel that PLDT was not for me but I still patronize them and I don't loose hope.We still apply for a regular Fam Plan 1,299 and that was the start of my nightmare application. Almost everyday I have to call for the customer service to ask how my application was and when to expect my dsl installation. We like to add another dsl for a FREE wifi to our valued customer as a Christmas gift for their patronizing our humble store. So, we hope that the installation was fast even I apply through online.



Image courtesy of pldthome.com


Because of this problem I can't refuse to compare my dsl application with bayandsl. I also apply online with bayandsl and on the next day I was informed that the installation was be available on that day. The transaction was smooth and fast so I expect that PLDT service was also like them. Maybe, it's my fault to expect too much with PLDT. At last, after two weeks of insisting my application, a technician was deployed in our house to installed the necessary cables and paraphernalia. They told me that they will just installed the wire but the connection service was not their duty and I agreed because that was what I'm waiting for ( at least there's a little progress and I have no choice but to agree ). I have the phone with a 3 month free subscription of caller ID and the dsl modem. It takes another week of conversation with their customer representative telling me that my service ( phone+dsl ) was recently active. I've always check our phone If it has dial-tone but no, I even try to call my number though I know what will happened ( as what the representative advise me ). I was just thankful that we have extra phone (from bayandsl) atleast I don't have to go outside and look for available payphone.

Then, another 3 days passes by and call them as usual as it was part of my daily routine. The representative told me once again that my service was active but there's still no dial tone but the dsl was working. In fairness to the internet connection, it was ok as what I've expected. I call again and informed a customer service that I have a connection and only the phone service was still dead. I have asked them If there was available repairman that can visit us and checked what's the real problem. I had file 3 consecutive tickets regarding the said problem but they just send me a text message that the problem was solved and the tickets were closed.

As my patience was about to end, I told them that since I have never satisfied in their service I request for the cancellation of my account. The representative advise me that wait until the another ticket he created to be finalized before opting out of the service. Yes, another ticket again, I explained him that I had gave so much time and chances to PLDT to fix my problem for I considered the holidays. I had no choice but to follow. The next day a repairman called me that he will conduct an inspection on my  location and finally, my prayers were answered. Last January 12 when I heard the first dial tone of my PLDT landline after being said that my service was started and activated last December 18. Until now my service was ok, the phone and the dsl was working fine but the bill shocked me. I receive a text message from PLDT that my bill was Php2,053 while I only apply for plan 1299. I immediately call the Billing department for assistance and told me that I have reached my 2nd month. He explained to me that the cut-off of my billing is every 7th day of the month, since I started for the next bill It means that I have to pay the 2nd bill also in advance. I told him that I don't even enjoyed there service even a month and now they want me to pay in advance. He also said that I can have a rebates on my bill but will reflect on my 3rd bill. Let's see If I can receive that rebates, I feel that I have to gamble my money from them.

Update: I call the Billing department and they gave me a Php544.74 rebate on my first bill.


Do you have questions or doubts regarding my PLDT post? I'm not a customer service representative but I'm happy to hear from you. Share your thoughts, insights, reactions regarding PLDT service. Your comments are valuable so type it below.



No comments:

Post a Comment